Receives, sorts and despatches mail in a post office or postal sorting centre.
- Skill Level
- Parcel Post Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5614 Mail Sorters
receive, sort and despatch mail in organisations and postal sorting centres.
- receiving and checking incoming mail and mail bags
- assisting with the verification of registered and special articles
- operating mail processing equipment such as letter preparation lines, letter indexing and sorting equipment
- performing manual sorting duties and preparing documentation for despatching mail
- processing underpaid mail, bulk mail lodgements, express mail and other mail services
- operating letter indexing and sorting machines, multi-line optical character machines and bar-coding equipment
- investigating complaints regarding lost items
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 561411 Mail Clerk
- 561412 Postal Sorting Officer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Postal Sorting Officer – ANZSCO 561412?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!