Binds books and other publications, and finishes printed products by hand or machine.
- Skill Level
- Mailhouse Operator (Aus)
- Paper Guillotine Operator (Bookbinding)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4913-11 Binder and Finisher
Group: 3921 Print Finishers and Screen Printers
bind books and other publications, finish printed products by hand and machine, prepare stencils, and set up and operate power-driven and hand-operated screen print equipment.
- setting up and supervising the operation of automatic binding and finishing equipment
- binding full, half and limp-bound books, and repairing bindings
- folding, collating and sewing signatures by machine and hand
- operating paper guillotines for pre-press and post-press paper cutting and trimming, and programming electronically operated units
- operating systems to insert printed material into newspapers, magazines and envelopes
- embellishing printed products automatically and manually
- operating photographic and electronic reproduction devices
- preparing stencils using computer and hand-cut methods
- selecting, mixing and matching coloured inks and loading into screen printing presses
- loading printed items into drying racks, and unloading and stacking dry items
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 392111 Print Finisher
- 392112 Screen Printer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Print Finisher – ANZSCO 392111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!