Puts together components and subassemblies that go into the production of metal products, electrical and electronic equipment, jewellery and precious metal articles, and joinery products.
- Skill Level
- Electrical and Electronic Assembler
- Light Coil Winder
- Vehicle Assembler
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8322 Product Assemblers
put together components and subassemblies that go into the production of metal products, electrical and electronic equipment, jewellery and precious metal articles, and joinery products.
- locating, positioning and securing components on workbenches
- punching and drilling mounting holes in parts and assembled products
- assembling and securing components in sequence
- assembling parts by nailing, screwing, gluing and dowelling, riveting, crimping, soldering and spot welding components
- fitting hardware items, such as hinges, catches and knobs, to parts
- attaching and fastening jewellery and jewellery parts to fabricate bracelets, necklaces, brooches and earrings
- deburring and finishing items using files, grinding wheels and emery paper
- may manually wind light electrical field coils
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 832211 Product Assembler
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Product Assembler – ANZSCO 832211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!