Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the production activities of a mining operation including physical and human resources.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Mine Manager
- Mine Superintendent
- Quarry Manager
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 1222-13 Production Manager (Mining)
Group: 1335 Production Managers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the production activities of forestry, manufacturing and mining organisations including physical and human resources.
- determining, implementing and monitoring production strategies, policies and plans
- planning details of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available and labour requirements
- controlling the operation of production plant and quality procedures through planning of maintenance, designation of operating hours and supply of parts and tools
- monitoring production output and costs, and adjusting processes and resources to minimise costs
- informing other Managers about production matters
- overseeing the acquisition and installation of new plant and equipment
- directing research into production methods, and recommending and implementing initiatives
- controlling the preparation of production records and reports
- coordinating the implementation of occupational health and safety requirements
- directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 133511 Production Manager (Forestry)
- 133512 Production Manager (Manufacturing)
- 133513 Production Manager (Mining)
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Production Manager (Mining) – ANZSCO 133513?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!