Plans, develops, implements and evaluates information and communication strategies that create an understanding and a favourable view of an organisation, its goods and services, and its role in the community.
- Skill Level
- Media Liaison Officer
- Press Officer
- Promotions Officer
- Public Affairs Officer
- Public Relations Consultant
- Public Relations Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2221-11 Public Relations Officer
Group: 2253 Public Relations Professionals
plan, develop, implement and evaluate information and communication strategies that create an understanding and a favourable view of organisations, their goods and services, and their role in the community.
- planning and organising publicity campaigns and communication strategies
- advising executives on the public relations implications of their policies, programs and practices
- preparing and controlling the issue of news and press releases
- undertaking and commissioning public opinion research, analysing the findings and planning public relations and promotional campaigns
- organising special events, seminars, entertainment, competitions and social functions to promote goodwill and favourable publicity
- representing organisations and arranging executive interviews with publicity media
- attending business, social and other functions to promote the organisation
- commissioning and obtaining photographs and other illustrative material
- selecting, appraising and revising material submitted by publicity writers, Photographers, Illustrators and others to create favourable publicity
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 225311 Public Relations Professional
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Public Relations Professional – ANZSCO 225311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!