Controls the movement of trains, and assembles and disassembles trains within a marshalling yard.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Railway Switching and Signalling Operator
- Railway Shunter
- Railway Yard Assistant
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7129 Other Stationary Plant Operators
This unit group covers Stationary Plant Operators not elsewhere classified.
It includes Boiler or Engine Operators, Bulk Materials Handling Plant Operators, Cement Production Plant Operators, Concrete Batching Plant Operators, Concrete Pump Operators, Paper and Pulp Mill Operators, Railway Signal Operators, Train Controllers, Waste Water or Water Plant Operators and Weighbridge Operators.
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 712911 Boiler or Engine Operator
- 712912 Bulk Materials Handling Plant Operator
- 712913 Cement Production Plant Operator
- 712914 Concrete Batching Plant Operator
- 712915 Concrete Pump Operator
- 712916 Paper and Pulp Mill Operator
- 712917 Railway Signal Operator
- 712918 Train Controller
- 712921 Waste Water or Water Plant Operator
- 712922 Weighbridge Operator
- 712999 Stationary Plant Operators nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Railway Signal Operator – ANZSCO 712917?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!