Collects household, commercial and industrial waste for recycling or disposal.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Waste Removalist
- Garbage Depot Worker
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8996 Recycling and Rubbish Collectors
collect household, commercial and industrial waste for recycling and disposal.
- riding on and in garbage and recycling trucks
- collecting rubbish and items for recycling from domestic, commercial and industrial premises
- loading rubbish and recycling into bins and garbage and recycling trucks
- unloading garbage and recycling trucks
- may operate compacting equipment on garbage trucks
- may supervise other garbage collectors
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 899611 Recycling or Rubbish Collector
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Recycling or Rubbish Collector – ANZSCO 899611?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!