Assists physically, mentally and socially disadvantaged people to reintegrate into work and the community.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2513-11 Rehabilitation Counsellor
Group: 2721 Counsellors
provide information on vocational, relationship, social and educational difficulties and issues, and work with people to help them to identify and define their emotional issues through therapies such as cognitive behaviour therapy, interpersonal therapy and other talking therapies.
- working with clients on career, study and employment options by obtaining and examining information relevant to their abilities and needs
- providing information and resources to assist clients with job-seeking skills
- assessing client needs in relation to treatment for drug and alcohol abuse
- conducting counselling interviews with individuals, couples and family groups
- assisting the understanding and adjustment of attitudes, expectations and behaviour to develop more effective interpersonal and marital relationships
- presenting alternative approaches and discussing potential for attitude and behaviour change
- consulting with clients to develop rehabilitation plans taking account of vocational and social needs
- contributing information, understanding and advice on the learning and behaviour of students, especially those with special needs, and assisting parents and teachers in dealing with these needs
- may work in a call centre
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 272111 Careers Counsellor
- 272112 Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
- 272113 Family and Marriage Counsellor
- 272114 Rehabilitation Counsellor
- 272115 Student Counsellor
- 272199 Counsellors nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Rehabilitation Counsellor – ANZSCO 272114?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!