Supervises and coordinates the activities of retail sales workers.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Checkout Supervisor
- Sales Department Supervisor
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 6215 Retail Supervisors
supervise and coordinate the activities of retail sales workers.
- ensuring that customers receive prompt service and quality goods and services
- responding to customers’ inquiries and complaints about goods and services
- planning and preparing work schedules and assigning staff to specific duties
- interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, dismissing and promoting staff, and resolving staff grievances
- instructing staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales procedures
- examining returned goods and deciding on appropriate action
- taking inventory of goods for sale and ordering new stock
- ensuring that goods and services are correctly priced and displayed
- ensuring safety and security procedures are enforced
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 621511 Retail Supervisor
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Retail Supervisor – ANZSCO 621511?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!