When it comes to moving to Australia, one of the most confusing aspects is the vast myriad of visa options you can choose as a basis for your Australia Visa application. One of these visa options is the Return (Residence) Visa (Subclass 157) and to assist our visitors we have provided a high-level summary of this visa class below.
Return (Residence) Visa (Subclass 157) Overview
The purpose of the Resident Return visa (RRV) (Class BB) (Subclass 157) is to allow certain persons who are or have been permanent residents or citizens of Australia to return to the country as permanent residents.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work, study and live in Australia.
- This is a Permanent resident visa and allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely with a travel facility of 3 months.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be an Australian permanent resident, an Australian citizen who lost or renounced Australian citizenship or a former Australian permanent resident.
- You must meet one of these requirements:
- have been lawfully in Australia for at least 1 day but less than 2 years within the last 5 as the holder of a permanent visa or Australian citizenship. Additionally, you must have compelling and compassionate reasons for leaving or have left the country or,
- you are a member of the family unit of a person who holds a Subclass 157 or who meets the requirements and has lodged an application for this visa.
- If you are offshore you must have not been absent from Australia for a continuous period of more than 3 months before making the application unless there are compelling and compassionate reasons for the absence.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria.
- If you apply from offshore you must satisfy certain Special Return criteria.
Return (Residence) Visa (Subclass 157) – Is this Visa type for you?
If you are considering applying for a Return (Residence) Visa (Subclass 157) we would love to hear from you. Tell us about your journey in our comments below. If you have any questions we encourage you to post these in our forums. You can access our community forums by Clicking Here.
Please note this is only a high-level summary of the Return (Residence) Visa (Subclass 157) visa
The above is not an exhaustive list of requirements for the Return (Residence) Visa (Subclass 157). This content on this page is provided for Getting Down Under visitors as general information purposes only, it is not immigration advice and must not be construed as such. While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law. Please view our Disclaimer for more information. Post Last Updated: 2020-10-12 12:04:57