Cover roofs with tiles, sheets and shingles to form a waterproof surface. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Roof Fixer
- Roof Shingler
- Roof Slater
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4413-01 Supervisor, Roof Slaters and Tilers
- 4413-11 Roof Slater and Tiler
Group: 3333 Roof Tilers
cover roofs with tiles, sheets and shingles to form a waterproof surface.
- studying drawings, specifications and work sites to determine materials required
- erecting ladders and scaffolds
- placing and securing waterproof sheets over eaves
- nailing and stapling roofing underlay to roofs
- aligning starter rows of roofing material with edges of roofs, securing with wire, staples and nails, and overlapping successive layers of tiles
- sizing and cutting roofing material to fit around vents, chimney edges, corners and ridges
- fixing edge and ridge tiles in cement mortar
- slipping roofing material under pre-fabricated flashing and nailing it down
- caulking and flashing exposed nail heads to prevent leaks
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 333311 Roof Tiler
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Roof Tiler – ANZSCO 333311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!