Inspects machines, equipment, working conditions and public places to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations, in relation to occupational health and safety. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Boilers and Pressure Vessels Inspector
- Gas Examiner
- Lifts and Cranes Inspector
- Mines Inspector
- Occupational Health and Safety Inspector
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 3992-11 Safety Inspector
Group: 3126 Safety Inspectors
inspect machines, equipment, working conditions and public places to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations, in relation to occupational health and safety.
- examining equipment specifications, and inspecting and testing machines, equipment and clothing to ensure compliance with safety standards and serviceability
- inspecting factories and other work sites to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations
- observing workers to ensure protective devices are being utilised according to regulations and that combustible and other hazardous materials are used and stored in accordance with approved procedures
- conducting tests in work areas to detect toxic fumes, explosive gas-air mixtures and other work hazards
- ensuring fire prevention equipment and other safety supplies, such as first aid kits, stretchers and blankets, conform to standards
- assisting in conducting safety meetings and campaigns, and organising training in general safety principles in keeping with regulations
- advising organisations on ways to comply with occupational health and safety legislative requirements
- investigating incidents and fatalities, to determine causes and to collect evidence of non-compliance with occupational health and safety legislation
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 312611 Safety Inspector
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Safety Inspector – ANZSCO 312611?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!