Sells goods and services, such as food, clothing, hardware, household appliances, office supplies and cosmetics, in a retail or wholesale establishment.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Retail Sales Assistant
- Clothing Sales Assistant
- Cosmetic Sales Assistant
- Fast Food Sales Assistant
- Hardware Sales Assistant
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 6211 Sales Assistants (General)
sell goods and services, such as food, clothing, hardware, household appliances, office supplies and cosmetics, in retail and wholesale establishments.
- determining customer requirements and advising on product range, price, delivery, warranties and product use and care
- demonstrating and explaining to customers the establishment’s goods and services
- selling food, beverages, clothing, footwear and other personal and household goods and services
- accepting payment for goods and services by a variety of payment methods and preparing sales invoices
- assisting with the ongoing management of stock such as product inventories and participating in stocktakes
- stacking and displaying goods for sale, and wrapping and packing goods sold
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 621111 Sales Assistant (General)
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Sales Assistant (General) – ANZSCO 621111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!