Represents their company in selling consumer goods, such as toys, sporting goods, books, stationery, hardware, floor coverings, furniture, textiles, clothing, footwear, toiletries and groceries, to wholesale and retail establishments.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 6113 Sales Representatives
represent companies to sell their goods and business services to wholesale and retail establishments.
ICT and Technical Sales Representatives are excluded from this unit group. ICT Sales Representatives are included in Unit Group 2252 ICT Sales Professionals. Technical Sales Representatives are included in Unit Group 2254 Technical Sales Representatives.
- promoting and selling their company’s goods and services such as building and plumbing supplies, business services, motor vehicle parts and accessories, and personal and household goods
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employer’s and competitors’ goods and services, and market conditions
- using directories and other sources to compile lists of prospective business clients
- visiting clients and retail outlets to establish selling opportunities
- quoting prices and credit terms, recording orders and arranging deliveries
- following up clients and ensuring satisfaction with goods and services and resolving any problems
- monitoring clients’ changing needs and competitor activity and reporting on these developments to sales and marketing management
- preparing sales reports
- maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 611311 Sales Representative (Building and Plumbing Supplies)
- 611312 Sales Representative (Business Services)
- 611313 Sales Representative (Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories)
- 611314 Sales Representative (Personal and Household Goods)
- 611399 Sales Representatives nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Sales Representative (Personal and Household Goods) – ANZSCO 611314?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!