Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the educational and administrative aspects of primary, middle or intermediate and secondary schools including physical and human resources. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Middle or Intermediate School Principal
- Primary School Principal
- Secondary School Principal
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 1293-11 School Principal
Group: 1343 School Principals
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the educational and administrative aspects of primary, middle or intermediate, and secondary schools including physical and human resources.
- determining educational programs based on curricula set by educational authorities
- implementing systems and procedures to monitor school performance and student enrolments
- directing administrative and clerical activities concerning student admissions and educational services
- preparing school budgets and maintaining budgetary controls
- promoting the educational program, and representing schools in the wider community
- supervising the maintenance of school facilities
- enforcing a disciplinary code to create a safe and conducive environment for students and teachers
- organising and implementing methods of raising additional funds in conjunction with parent groups
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
- may teach students
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 134311 School Principal
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of School Principal – ANZSCO 134311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!