- Performs secretarial, clerical and other administrative tasks in support of Managers and Professionals.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5212 Secretaries
- perform secretarial, clerical and other administrative tasks in support of Managers, Legal Professionals and other professionals.
Medical Secretaries are excluded from this unit group. Medical Secretaries are included in Unit Group 5421 Receptionists, in Occupation 542114 Medical Receptionist.
- liaising with other staff to arrange meetings, and to gain and provide information
- preparing reports, briefing notes and correspondence, and proofreading work for typographical and grammatical errors
- maintaining appointment diaries and making travel arrangements
- processing incoming and outgoing mail, filing correspondence and maintaining records
- answering telephone calls, responding to inquiries and redirecting callers
- taking and transcribing dictation of letters and other documents
- greeting visitors, ascertaining nature of business and directing visitors to appropriate persons
- may implement management decisions and maintain records of meetings
- may handle bookkeeping and petty cash functions
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
In New Zealand:
NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 521211 Secretary (General)
- 521212 Legal Secretary
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Secretary (General) – ANZSCO 521211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!