Removes wool and hair from sheep, goats, alpacas and other animals.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 3612 Shearers
remove wool and hair from sheep, goats, alpacas and other animals.
- selecting and preparing shearing equipment
- catching and positioning animals for shearing
- shearing and removing wool and hair from animals
- identifying contaminated fibre and injured, infected and diseased animals
- treating skin cuts
- returning shorn animals to let-out pens for counting and checking
- may service, maintain and repair shearing equipment
- may shear stud animals with hand shears or special combs
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 361211 Shearer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Shearer – ANZSCO 361211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!