Marks out, shapes, forms and joins sheetmetal and other materials to make products and components.
- Skill Level
- Metal Spinner
- Sheetmetal Patternmaker
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4124-01 Supervisor, Sheetmetal Tradespersons
- 4124-11 Sheetmetal Worker (First Class)
Group: 3222 Sheetmetal Trades Workers
mark out, shape, form and join sheetmetal and other materials to make products and components.
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job, material and equipment requirements
- selecting metal stock, such as stainless steel, galvanised iron, mild steel, aluminium and copper, and checking sizes, gauges and other dimensions of metal stock against specifications
- marking out metal stock with reference points and lines, using templates, gauges and other measuring instruments
- cutting metal stock along guidelines using hand and power shears, guillotines and drills
- shaping and forming cut metal stock into products using folding and bending machines, rollers, presses and hammers
- fitting and assembling components into final products by welding, riveting, soldering, brazing and otherwise joining
- finishing products by polishing, filing, sanding and cleaning assembled products
- may repair damaged sheetmetal products and components
- may specialise in fabrication, or on-site assembly and installation, of sheetmetal products
- may produce aircraft sheet metal components requiring advanced drawing and calculating skills
- may specialise in decorative copperwork
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 322211 Sheetmetal Trades Worker
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Sheetmetal Trades Worker – ANZSCO 322211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!