Designs, fabricates and paints signs for displays, buildings, hoardings, boats and structures. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Sign Manufacturer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4422-01 Supervisor, Signwriters
- 4422-11 Signwriter
Group: 3996 Signwriters
design, fabricate and paint signs for displays, buildings, hoardings, boats and structures.
- conferring with clients and responding to proposals, sketches and written instructions to determine composition of signs
- designing and creating signs and graphics using computer software and signmaking machines
- designing and creating signs by measuring and calculating letter size, preparing the surface, applying background paint using brushes, sprays and rollers, and creating the letters using brushes, stencils, enamel paint and decals
- designing and creating wall murals, screen prints, gold leaf work and custom vehicle art
- painting signs and lettering using lacquers, varnishes, paints and other materials
- painting signs on brick, metal, timber, glass, plastic and other surfaces
- making and erecting three dimensional signs
- preparing cost estimates for labour and materials
- may erect and work on scaffolding
- may install signs on-site
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 399611 Signwriter
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Signwriter – ANZSCO 399611?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!