When it comes to moving to Australia, one of the most confusing aspects is the vast myriad of visa options you can choose as a basis for your Australia Visa application. One of these visa options is the Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491) and to assist our visitors we have provided a high-level summary of this visa class below.
Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491) Overview
The Skilled Work Regional Visa (Provisional) (Class PS) (Subclass 491) is a provisional visa for intending migrants who are interested in either State or Territory government regional nomination or have a family member in regional Australia who can sponsor them.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work, study and live in Australia.
- This is a provisional visa and allows you to stay in Australia for up to 5 years. After 3 years on this visa you may be eligible to meet the requirements for a permanent Subclass 191 visa (coming into effect on 16 November 2022).
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be under 45 years of age.
- You must have a skilled occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- You must be able to demonstrate ‘Competent English’.
- You must have a positive skills assessment from the relevant skills assessing authority in relation to your nominated occupation.
- You must obtain the minimum score on the Points Test at the time of invitation to apply for the visa.
- You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area.
- You must obtain an invitation to apply for the visa. To be invited you will have to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect and meet the required points test on a competitive basis.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491) – Is this Visa type for you?
If you are considering applying for a Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491) we would love to hear from you. Tell us about your journey in our comments below. If you have any questions we encourage you to post these in our forums. You can access our community forums by Clicking Here.
Please note this is only a high level summary of the Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491) visa
The above is not an exhaustive list of requirements for the Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491). This content on this page is provided for Getting Down Under visitors as general information purposes only, it is not immigration advice and must not be construed as such. While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law. Please view our Disclaimer for more information. Post Last Updated: 2020-10-12 10:49:19