Hi Everyone – The results of the latest Australian Visa Invitation rounds have been confirmed this week with a total of 660 invitations issued, an increase to the 363 invitations issued in the previous quarter.
The breakdown was between the 189 and 491 Visa classes as follows:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – 500 Invitations
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family-Sponsored – 160 Invitations
Points required to receive an invitation in the current rounds
The points required in the current round were:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – 80 Points (Up from 65 points in the last rounds)
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored) – 65 Points (Same as last round).
Point scores and the dates of effect cut off for the pro-rata occupations in the 21 January 2021 invitation round.
As for pro-rata occupations (popular occupations in occupation groups that have pro-rata arrangements to ensure availability of invitations across the program year. The majority of occupations received no invitation in the last round, that is with the exception of Engineers as follows.
189 Visa – Other Engineering Professionals – 95 points
491 Visa – Other Engineering Professionals – 70 points
Australian Invitation Round By The Numbers
According to the Occupation Ceiling table, those who received invitations this round included:
- 206 General Practitioners and Resident Medical officers;
- 117 Registered Nurses;
- 73 Industrial, Mechanical, and Production Engineers;
- 41 Veterinarians (only recently added to the priority skilled migration list);
- 74 Mining Engineers;
- 22 Social Workers (the first invitations this financial year); and
- 21 Other Engineering Professionals.
The balance invitations were sent to Medical Laboratory Scientists, Other Medical Practitioners, Internal Medicine Specialists, Medical Imaging Professionals, Environmental Scientists, Other Natural and Physical Science Professionals, Psychologists, and Geologists / Geophysicists / Hydrogeologists.
So that’s a total of 1773 invitations issued in the current migration year (which started 1st July 2020). 1190 Invitations for the 189 Visa class and 582 invitations to apply under the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family-Sponsored.
Compared to Pre-Covid years, the current numbers equate to the typical numbers issued in a single month so there is still some way to go before we get anywhere near normal levels. Still, it’s a big increase from January’s numbers so we are heading in the right direction.
Did any of our visitors receive an invitation? Let us know in our comments below. 👍