Specifies, develops and writes test plans and test scripts, produces test cases, carries out regression testing, and uses automated test software applications to test the behaviour, functionality and integrity of computer software, and documents the results of tests in defect reports and related documentation.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2231-79 Computing Professionals nec
Group: 2613 Software and Applications Programmers
design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements, and system and technical specifications.
- researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
- identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
- writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Software Tester – ANZSCO 261314?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!