Provides legal advice, prepares and drafts legal documents, and conducts negotiations on behalf of clients on matters associated with the law. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- A legal admissions authority of a State or Territory
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2521-13 Solicitor
Group: 2713 Solicitors
provide legal advice, prepare and draft legal documents, and conduct negotiations on behalf of clients on matters associated with the law.
- interviewing clients to determine the nature of problems, and recommending and undertaking appropriate legal action
- preparing cases for court by conducting investigations, undertaking research, arranging witness preparation and attendance, and giving notice of court actions
- representing clients in court
- managing conveyancing and other property matters by preparing contracts of sale, mortgage documents, lease documents and other documents relating to the transfer of land and buildings
- preparing and critically reviewing contracts between parties
- preparing wills
- providing advice on family law, company law, partnerships, commercial law and trusts
- may act as trustee or guardian
- may act as executor of clients’ wills
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 271311 Solicitor
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Solicitor – ANZSCO 271311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!