in , ,

Spain Added to Australia’s working holiday program

spain added to australia working holiday visa programThe signing of a reciprocal work and holiday visa arrangement between Australia and Spain will give young people from both countries a unique opportunity to experience the vibrancy of each other’s culture, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, the Hon Scott Morrison and Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash said in a media release.

The arrangement, signed at Parliament House yesterday, means young people from Australia and Spain will have the opportunity to experience short-term work and study arrangements in each other’s country.

Minister Morrison said the agreement will facilitate cultural exchange between the two countries, both in terms of the once–in–a–lifetime experience for the individuals involved, and in terms of the insights they will bring back to their home countries. ‘The reciprocal work and holiday visa arrangement fosters people–to–people links between the two countries, bolstering our already close and positive relationship,’ Minister Morrison said.

Of note however, the new visa differs from a typical working holiday visa in that it requires applicants to have the support of their government, to possess or be studying towards tertiary-level qualifications, and to be able to speak functional English or Spanish as appropriate.

Morrison expects the new program will foster people-to-people links and boost the already close relationship between the two countries

For more on Australian Working Holiday Visa’s, check out our article by clicking here.

  • Site Admin

    Written by Mark

    As the founder of Getting Down Under, Mark is passionate about demystifying the process associated with a move to Australia.

    Having launched Getting Down Under in early January 2006 and made the move to Australia from the UK in the same year, Mark continues to share resources and support for those looking for assitance, Getting Down Under.

    If you have a question for Mark, please post in our Forums


    Leave a Reply
    1. Hi Mark, we arrive Australia few months ago and my wife is with student visa for 4 years but right now she is pregnant and we never expect it so what question is (1) if my child is born will he be Australian citizen? (2) during the delivery of our baby will school grant her maternity leave? 3 if maternity leave is granted will they help to extend her visa so she can finish her 4 years course?
      Best Regards

      • Hi Sharles, for 1) the answer is no I’m afraid. One of you would need to be an Australian citizen or have PR for your child to be granted the same. As for questions 2 or 3, these are probably best addressed to the school as these are not Australian immigration related but better addressed by the school in question.

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    australia aged parent visa

    Australian Parent Visa Gets The Axe

    Australia Working Holiday Now Available Visitors From Poland