Assists with handling of horses and maintaining and cleaning stables.
- Skill Level
- Horse Stud Worker
- Track Rider
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8415 Livestock Farm Workers
perform routine tasks in livestock, egg and wool production.
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of livestock
- providing livestock with feed and water
- assisting with maintaining the health and welfare of livestock
- mustering and droving livestock to milking and shearing sheds and between paddocks to ensure sufficient feed is available
- washing and cleaning udders, and attaching milking machines to udders and milking cows
- collecting eggs and placing in incubators
- herding sheep for shearing and keeping mobs separate during shearing
- spreading fleeces on skirting tables for classing, pressing wool and branding bales
- exercising horses by walking, riding, leading and swimming, and attending to horses at track work, barrier trials and races
- cleaning stables and hatcheries, storing bedding and performing minor repairs on fixtures, buildings and fences
- assembling, preparing and storing horse gear
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 841511 Beef Cattle Farm Worker
- 841512 Dairy Cattle Farm Worker
- 841513 Mixed Livestock Farm Worker
- 841514 Poultry Farm Worker
- 841515 Sheep Farm Worker
- 841516 Stablehand
- 841517 Wool Handler
- 841599 Livestock Farm Workers nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Stablehand – ANZSCO 841516?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!