Receives, handles and despatches goods in a store or warehouse.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Stores Assistant
- Warehouse Assistant
- Chiller Hand
- Manufacturing Storeperson
- Operator Supply (Army)
- Order Picker/Assembler
- Stores Despatch Hand
- Stores Naval (Navy)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7411 Storepersons
receive, handle and despatch goods in stores and warehouses.
- receiving incoming goods, checking for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices
- unloading vehicles, opening packages and removing contents
- operating computers to obtain details of location and quantity of items in stock
- labelling goods with details of storage location
- packing and weighing goods and sealing boxes
- operating machines to lift, place and remove goods on high levels
- operating specialised equipment, such as manually and electronically guided order pickers, and checking goods off picking list
- assisting with regular stocktakes
- may use materials handling equipment, such as hydraulic pallet lifters and hand trucks, to move goods
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 741111 Storeperson
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Storeperson – ANZSCO 741111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!