Operates telecommunication switchboards and consoles to assist callers establish telephone connections, and receive caller inquiries and fault reports.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Telephone Operator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5616 Switchboard Operators
operate telecommunication switchboards and consoles to assist callers establish telephone connections, and receive caller inquiries and fault reports.
- operating switchboards and consoles to connect, hold, transfer and disconnect telephone calls
- responding to callers’ inquiries by providing information such as telephone numbers, dialling codes, call costs, time delays and service difficulties
- investigating operating system problems and informing maintenance services
- alerting emergency services when required
- recording details and determining charges for designated types of calls
- may monitor the efficiency of systems and maintain service sampling records
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 561611 Switchboard Operator
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Switchboard Operator – ANZSCO 561611?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!