Teaches academic and living skills to sight impaired students, and promotes students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2414-15 Teacher of the Sight Impaired
Group: 2415 Special Education Teachers
teach primary, middle or intermediate, and secondary school students with learning difficulties, hearing impairment and sight impairment, and promote students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
- assessing students’ abilities and limitations with regard to intellectual, physical, social and emotional disabilities, exceptional intellectual gifts, or specific problems of language and culture
- planning, organising and implementing special programs to provide remedial or advanced tuition
- administering various forms of assessment and interpreting the results
- teaching basic academic subjects, and practical and self-help skills to hearing and sight impaired students
- devising instructional materials, methods and aids to assist in training and rehabilitation
- advising, instructing and counselling parents and teachers on the availability and use of special techniques
- stimulating and developing interests, abilities, manual skills and coordination
- conferring with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons for special needs students
- preparing and maintaining student data and other records and submitting reports
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 241511 Special Needs Teacher
- 241512 Teacher of the Hearing Impaired
- 241513 Teacher of the Sight Impaired
- 241599 Special Education Teachers nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Teacher of the Sight Impaired – ANZSCO 241513?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!