Collects fares and issues tickets on a transport vehicle.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 6394 Ticket Salespersons
sell tickets and make reservations for services such as travel and admission to sporting and entertainment venues, and collect fares on transport vehicles.
- receiving customers’ requests, accepting payments, collecting fares from passengers, and issuing tickets, receipts and change
- answering inquiries about charges, routes, schedules, reservations, coming attractions and fares
- checking service availability and times, and making reservations
- contacting customers to cancel or confirm reservations
- organising displays of service availability, times and other information
- collecting tickets and change from depot clerks
- signalling drivers to stop and proceed
- overseeing passengers’ safety in emergency circumstances, and opening and closing vehicle doors
- assisting passengers to board and alight from vehicles and assisting passengers with baggage
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 639411 Ticket Seller
- 639412 Transport Conductor
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Transport Conductor – ANZSCO 639412?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!