Monitors scheduled train, tram and bus services and investigates accidents, complaints and service disruptions.
- Skill Level
- Bus Inspector
- Tram Inspector
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5995 Inspectors and Regulatory Officers
administer and enforce government and corporate regulations and standards.
- searching aircraft, vehicles, premises and people, and checking documents and goods to detect illegal activities such as undocumented cargo, prohibited goods and illegal aliens
- examining and assessing visas and residency applications
- testing applicants’ ability to operate a motor vehicle, assessing applicants’ suitability to hold learner’s permits and probationary licences, and issuing learner’s permits and probationary licences
- identifying pest and weed problems and determining treatments and management
- assessing claims for government benefits
- carrying out random checks of taxation documents to detect non-compliance with taxation legislation
- conducting visual checks of the mechanical, structural, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems of railway wagons, carriages and locomotives for condition and correct classification
- ensuring that train, tram and bus services are provided according to schedule, monitoring the cleanliness, presentation and condition of vehicles, and recommending improvements and changes to services
- receiving and assessing applications for licences to use water, investigating the ability of water resources to meet new requirements, and conducting site inspections
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 599511 Customs Officer
- 599512 Immigration Officer
- 599513 Motor Vehicle Licence Examiner
- 599514 Noxious Weeds and Pest Inspector
- 599515 Social Security Assessor
- 599516 Taxation Inspector
- 599517 Train Examiner
- 599518 Transport Operations Inspector
- 599521 Water Inspector
- 599599 Inspectors and Regulatory Officers nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Transport Operations Inspector – ANZSCO 599518?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!