Makes, rebuilds and repairs upholstered articles such as chairs, sofas, beds and mattresses.
- Skill Level
- Furniture Upholsterer
- Mattress Maker
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4942-11 Furniture Upholsterer
- 4942-79 Upholsterers and Bedding Tradespersons nec
Group: 3933 Upholsterers
make, rebuild and repair upholstered articles such as chairs, sofas, beds and mattresses.
- conferring with clients to determine materials and cost of furniture items to be made or repaired
- making and repairing wooden frames, and removing and replacing defective springs
- removing coverings, webbing and padding from old furniture
- securing material, padding, springs and webbing to articles to be upholstered
- measuring and cutting materials and covering furniture
- seaming cushions and joining sections of covering material
- attaching ornamental trims, braids and buttons
- padding and covering spring units to upholster mattresses
- may finish wooden surfaces on furniture
- may remove stains from fabric
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 393311 Upholsterer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Upholsterer – ANZSCO 393311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!