Prepares surfaces of vehicles, matches and mixes colours and applies paint. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Vehicle Refinisher
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4214-01 Supervisor, Vehicle Painters
- 4214-11 Vehicle Painter
Group: 3243 Vehicle Painters
prepare surfaces of vehicles, match and mix colours and apply paint.
- removing rough spots on vehicle panels
- sanding surfaces by hand and with power sanders
- masking areas not to be painted with tape and paper
- colour matching and mixing paints to match paint shades, and selecting pre-mixed paint
- applying primer and finishing coats using spray-guns, and sanding surfaces between coats
- touching up paintwork and applying polish to vehicles
- removing masking papers, and waxing and polishing finished paintwork
- painting signs and artwork on vehicles
- treating vehicles with rust-proofing chemicals
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 324311 Vehicle Painter
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Vehicle Painter – ANZSCO 324311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!