Performs routine tasks on a vineyard such as cultivating and fertilising soil, planting, training and pruning vines, and picking grapes.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8412 Crop Farm Workers
perform routine tasks in producing crops such as fruit, nuts, grains, vegetables and mushrooms.
- planting trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, vines and other plants using hand tools and farm machines
- building trellises for climbing vegetables and vines
- operating farm machines to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables
- spraying trees, vines and other plants with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
- thinning, weeding and hoeing row crops, and pruning trees and vines
- irrigating land for crop growth
- selecting and picking fruit, nuts, grains, vegetables and mushrooms according to size and ripeness, and discarding rotting and over-ripened produce
- grading, sorting, bunching and packing produce into containers
- loading filled fruit, nut, grain and vegetable containers onto trucks
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 841211 Fruit or Nut Farm Worker
- 841212 Fruit or Nut Picker
- 841213 Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Farm Worker (Aus) / Field Crop Farm Worker (NZ)
- 841214 Vegetable Farm Worker (Aus) / Market Garden Worker (NZ)
- 841215 Vegetable Picker
- 841216 Vineyard Worker
- 841217 Mushroom Picker
- 841299 Crop Farm Workers nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Vineyard Worker – ANZSCO 841216?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!