Serves food and beverages in a hotel, restaurant, club or dining establishment.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Drink Waiter
- Formal Service Waiter
- Silver Service Waiter
- Wine Steward
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4315 Waiters
serve food and beverages in hotels, restaurants, clubs and dining establishments.
- setting and arranging tables
- greeting customers and presenting them with menus and beverage lists
- taking orders and relaying them to kitchen and bar staff
- serving food and beverages
- opening bottles and pouring beverages
- clearing tables and returning dishes and cutlery to kitchen
- removing empty bottles and used glasses from tables, and refilling and replacing glasses
- collecting payments for sales and operating point of sales machines and cash registers
- may recommend wines to complement food
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 431511 Waiter
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Waiter – ANZSCO 431511?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!