Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the operations of a wholesale trading establishment.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 1192-13 Wholesaler
Group: 1333 Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers
plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the operations of importing, exporting and wholesaling establishments.
- identifying local and overseas business opportunities
- developing and implementing business plans, and marketing, operating, human resource, pricing and credit policies and procedures
- determining the mix of products and services to be provided and negotiating conditions of trade
- liaising with local and overseas suppliers and distributors about orders and products
- researching regulatory and statutory requirements affecting the importing, exporting, wholesaling and distribution of goods
- monitoring business performance and preparing estimates, financial statements and reports of operations
- appointing agents and distributors
- arranging the shipping of goods into and out of the country
- overseeing the display and sale of merchandise and preparation of product information for customer service staff and customers
- implementing after-sales service procedures
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 133311 Importer or Exporter
- 133312 Wholesaler
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Wholesaler – ANZSCO 133312?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!