hen it comes to moving to Australia, one of the most confusing aspects is the vast myriad of visa options you can choose as a basis for your Australia Visa application. One of these visa options is the Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) and to assist our visitors we have provided a high-level summary of this visa class below.
Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) Overview
The Work and Holiday Visa (Temporary) (Class US) (Subclass 462) is for young professionals from prescribed countries with signed bilateral agreements with Australia permitting a working holiday.
- If you are applying for your first subclass 462 visa, you must be outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- If you are applying for your second or third subclass 462 visa, you may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work in Australia, but you cannot be employed by the same employer for more than 6 months.
- This visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be a citizen of a particular country and be of a specific age. Eligible passports and age requirements are prescribed by legislative instrument, read the complete list here.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia.
- You must be a genuine visitor whose principal purpose is to spend a holiday in Australia.
- You must have at least Functional English (e.g. by achieving an average band score of at least 4.5, based on the 4 components on the IELTS test within the last 12 months).
- You must have specific academic qualifications which are dependent and vary between the agreement countries.
- If you are applying for your second or third Subclass 462 visa, you must satisfy the prescribed periods of “specified Subclass 462 work”.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) – Is this Visa type for you?
If you are considering applying for a Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) we would love to hear from you. Tell us about your journey in our comments below. If you have any questions we encourage you to post these in our forums. You can access our community forums by Clicking Here.
Please note this is only a high-level summary of the Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) visa
The above is not an exhaustive list of requirements for the Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462). This content on this page is provided for Getting Down Under visitors as general information purposes only, it is not immigration advice and must not be construed as such. While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law. Please view our Disclaimer for more information. Post Last Updated: 2020-10-12 11:48:53