Work Travel Australia – Working Holiday Visa

Default Cover - Edit your Profile to add your own

Work Travel Australia - Working Holiday Visa - australia working holiday visa - Getting Down Under Application, Australia-Visa, Stacey Prieur, Stacey PrieurArticle, transaction reference, travel australia, Visa, Work, Working, working holiday program, working-holiday-visaDesperate to travel to the Land Down Under and be allowed to work while you’re there? You can, with the Working Holiday visa.

The good news is that you can easily get your own. The bad news? You’ll need to know many things about your work travel Australia visa before securing it, from how much it costs to who it’s for.

This article covers the basics of work travel Australia visa.

Who It’s For. The Working Holiday visa is for visitors who

  • are 18 to 30 years old.
  • will be staying in Australia for up to 12 months.
  • hold a passport for any of the regions or countries that are part of Australia’s Working Holiday Program.
  • intend to supplement the cost of living overseas by finding employment short-term.

What It Does. You can do many things once you’re granted the visa. You can

  • enter Australia anytime after 12 months of issuance.
  • stay in the country up to 12 months.
  • leave and re-enter the country as many times as you want while your visa. remains valid.
  • work in the country for up 6 months per employer.
  • study in the country for 4 months or less.

How to Apply. Application can be done by post, by courier, or online. If you are bringing dependent children along, though, you will have to apply by paper.

1. You will be asked to answer a series of questions at the very beginning of your online application. This part determines whether or not you may continue with the rest of the process.

Should the eVisa system show that you are not eligible for online application, you will have to apply in person or by mail.

2. You’ll know you have successfully applied through your TRN, or Transaction Reference Number. Be sure to record yours-the TRN is important because:

  • it identifies your application.
  • it gives you access to information regarding your application’s progress.

Typically, your very first work travel Australia visa will require 6 days of processing. It may take longer, however, if there are additional things for you to comply with, such as medical requirements.

Applying for your Working Holiday visa may seem daunting, but it’s not. Try it!

Author: Stacey Prieur

Leave a Reply

3 Comment threads
1 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
4 Comment authors
newest oldest most voted
Notify of

I need a working visa and how go about getting it

You should apply for your working holiday visa before you do anything else, eg book flights etc. Its an online process that you can do through the immigration site. If yo are worried and want to ensure you get it right then you can use a visa company. they charge a minimal fee to prepare you application and many open bank accounts / tax file numbers for you aswell. Many firms can sort visas in 48 hours In addition you can now get a 2nd years visa if you complete 3 months work in a rural area and in a… Read more »

That type of visa is also well suited for those looking for an internship in Australia, and wishing to spend some time to discover the country.

Scroll to Top