Operates machines to convert raw textile fibres into continuous untwisted and twisted strands of yarn for use in clothing, carpets, curtains and other fabrics.
- Skill Level
- Cotton Ginner
- Gill Box Operator
- Yarn Comber
- Yarn Texture Machine Operator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7117 Textile and Footwear Production Machine Operators
operate machines to process raw hides and skins, raw textile fibres, and dye, weave and knit fibres for use in textile and footwear production.
- preparing machines for operation by selecting and installing attachments and components for specialised functions
- setting and operating controls used to regulate processing operations
- starting machines and monitoring operation to detect faults and ensure effectiveness of operation
- loading drums with hides and skins, textiles, and dyeing and tanning solutions
- cutting and machining leather and synthetic shoe uppers, and making shoes using moulded and cement construction techniques
- threading loom shuttles with cross-yarn arms
- positioning and feeding machines with fibre packages
- repairing broken yarns by tying and splicing ends
- examining finished products for defects and variations, reporting faults in machines, and carrying out quality control procedures
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 711711 Footwear Production Machine Operator
- 711712 Hide and Skin Processing Machine Operator
- 711713 Knitting Machine Operator
- 711714 Textile Dyeing and Finishing Machine Operator
- 711715 Weaving Machine Operator
- 711716 Yarn Carding and Spinning Machine Operator
- 711799 Textile and Footwear Production Machine Operators nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Yarn Carding and Spinning Machine Operator – ANZSCO 711716?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!