When it comes to moving to Australia, one of the most confusing aspects is the vast myriad of visa options you can choose as a basis for your Australia Visa application. One of these visa options is the Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408) and to assist our visitors we have provided a high-level summary of this visa class below.
Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408) Overview
The Temporary Activity Visa (Class GG) (Subclass 408) allows for entry of visa holders to Australia for the purpose of working on a short-term basis in specific areas or participating in activities such as social, cultural and research activities or international events.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to participate in specified activities or work on a temporary basis.
- There are ten activity types under the Subclass 408 visa: Invited participant in an Event, Sports, Religious worker, Domestic Worker, Superyacht Crew, Research, Staff Exchange, Special Programs, Australian Government Endorsed Event (includes Covid19 pandemic) and Entertainment.
- This is a Temporary visa and allows you to stay in Australia temporarily. Maximum periods of stay are between 3 months to 4 years depending on the circumstances of the application.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia.
- You must meet the genuine temporary stay requirement (GTE).
- You must not hold a permanent visa, or a temporary visa specified by the Minister.
- You must have adequate arrangements for health insurance.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
- You must satisfy specific criteria relating to the activity you are applying under including English language requirements, Sponsors and Supporters etc.
Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408) – Is this Visa type for you?
If you are considering applying for a Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408) we would love to hear from you. Tell us about your journey in our comments below. If you have any questions we encourage you to post these in our forums. You can access our community forums by Clicking Here.
Please note this is only a high level summary of the Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408) visa
The above is not an exhaustive list of requirements for the Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408). This content on this page is provided for Getting Down Under visitors as general information purposes only, it is not immigration advice and must not be construed as such. While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law. Please view our Disclaimer for more information. Post Last Updated: 2020-10-12 10:54:27